Handcrafted Twist Ink Pen Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Ballpoint
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Pen Operation – Twist two halves to operate pen
- Fittings – Antique Brass
- Material – Wood – Blue Box Elder Burl
- Color – Shades of Blues and Cream
- Length – 5-3/4 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) – .437 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Pull apart two halves
- Weight – 1.6 oz
- Ink Color – Black
- Ink Cartridge Type – Cross Style Refill
- Handmade pen, ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Ballpoint Ink Pens Antique Brass Plating
Antiqued brass components have a brass, copper or zinc base with a brass plating. The components are then darkened to give them a “distressed” (oxidized) appearance. The authentic patina and natural darkening brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all its own.
Ballpoint Twist Pens Box Elder Burl
Box Elder looks great as a clear wood in its natural state and also takes colored dyes well. The results are some stunning colored wood that looks fantastic on our pens.
Fast-growing box elder was widely planted throughout the East and Midwest for street shade and windbreaks until the early 20th century. However, because it lacked the beauty, resistance to storm damage, and long life of its more glamorous cousin, the sugar maple, the practice eventually was discouraged. In the open reaches of the Great Plains through which flows the Missouri River, though, the box elder was welcome. Able to endure climate extremes and drought, it grew to greater stature, providing needed shade and shelter from the ever-present winds. Its seeds, like tiny helicopters, swirled with the breezes to find homes for sprouting, and grew where nothing did before. A true maple, box elder even today is tapped for its sweet sap, which is made into syrup and sugar. This is especially true in its western range, where the preferred sugar maple fails to grow.
Additional Information on my writing instruments
- All of my writing instruments are meticulously handcrafted in my workshop.
- It takes quality tools, touch, feel, the right method and patience to make a flawless pen.
- My pens may seem a little more expense than some but the high end finishes and attention
- to detail show in the finished product.
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive.
- All pens will ship within 24 – 48 hours.
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
There are no reviews yet.