Handcrafted Rollerballs Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Rollerball
- Pen Type Operation – Unscrew Cap
- Pen Operation – Non-Postable
- Fittings – Rhodium and 22k Gold
- Material – Acrylic – Dyed Paua Abalone Shell
- Color – Greens, Gold, Orange and Black
- Length Capped – 5-1/8 in
- Length Uncapped – 4-7/8 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) – .355 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip
- Weight – 1.6 oz
- Includes – Upgraded Schmidt Ceramic Tip Rollerball
- Ink Cartridge Type – Standard Rollerball
- Includes a premium pen box
Handcrafted Rollerballs Rhodium and 22k Plating
Rhodium is a member of the platinum family of metals. This writing instrument is plated with rhodium, an exquisite and valuable precious metal from the Rhodium chemical group. Rhodium’s brilliance, hardness, and beauty make it a favorite of fine pen makers and collectors. Rhodium is extremely durable; it resists tarnish and is very resistant to scratching, and acids. It is often the plating of choice on high end pens
The 22kt gold fittings offer a bright pure gold plating that will give your pen a rich and luxurious look. Our 22kt gold uses a “premium rack plating” process and is covered with an epoxy coating for extreme durability.
Handmade Rollerballs Abalone Shell
This pen blank is made with beautiful dyed Paua Abalone shell. Paua Abalone shell is harvested and cleaned and the most beautiful part of the shell is used in jewelry and other applications that call for a stunning iridescent material.
New Zealand Abalone (Pāua Shell) is the most colorful abalone shell in the world. Its iridescent nacre features deep blue and green hues with flashes of pink and purple.
Unique to New Zealand, pāua shells are harvested from rocky coastlines. Paua is one of the most sustainably managed wild abalone fisheries in the world.
This pen blank is made with beautiful Paua Abalone shell. Paua Abalone shell is harvested and cleaned and the most beautiful part of the shell is used in jewelry and other applications that call for a stunning iridescent material. The Paua is cut into thin strips, and then ever so delicately each strip is meticulously hand-applied onto the pen tube. It is then cast in clear polyester resin to enhance and protect its’ beauty.
Additional Information on my writing instruments
- All of my writing instruments are meticulously handcrafted in my workshop.
- It takes quality tools, touch, feel, the right method and patience to make a flawless pen.
- My pens may seem a little more expense than some but the high end finishes and attention
- to detail show in the finished product.
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive.
- All pens will ship within 24 – 48 hours.
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
There are no reviews yet.