Handcrafted Fountain Pens Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Rollerball – Non-Postable
- Pen Type Operation – Unscrew Cap
- Pen Operation – Unscrew cap
- Fittings – Rhodium and Black Titanium
- Material – Acrylic – Watch Face and Gears
- Color – Copper and Tin with Maroon Watch Face
- Length Capped – 5-1/8 in
- Length Uncapped – 4-7/8 in
- Length Posted – 6-3/8 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) – .355 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip
- Weight – 2.0 oz
- Ink Cartridge Type – Standard Rollerball upgraded to a Schmidt #5888 Ceramic Tip
- Includes a premium pen box
Handcrafted Fountain Pens Rhodium and Black Ti Plating
Rhodium is a member of the platinum family of metals. This writing instrument is plated with rhodium, an exquisite and valuable precious metal from the Rhodium chemical group. Rhodium’s brilliance, hardness, and beauty make it a favorite of fine pen makers and collectors. Rhodium is extremely durable; it resists tarnish and is very resistant to scratching, and acids. It is often the plating of choice on high end pens
Black Titanium is versatile, lightweight and strong, this metal is as strong as steel but is 45% lighter in weight, and is similar to platinum in its resistance to tarnishing. Titanium’s strength, durability, and lustrous beauty make it an ideal choice for pens that are subject to daily wear.
Titanium Oxide is the hardest metal available for pen coatings. Its only “down” side is that it has a dark smoky color rather than the bright brilliance of platinum and rhodium. With the appropriate pen style and body, this can give a very dramatic and rich appearance.
Handmade Fountain Pens Watch Face in Acrylic
Our Steampunk style pens consist of pieces of a Watch Face over Stamped Tin and Copper encased in acrylic in very artistic ways. The layering is top notch, but then we go one step further with an advanced engraving technique, adding a flourish to just the right locations. We hope you enjoy the pens design as much as we do!
Additional Information on my writing instruments
- All of my writing instruments are meticulously handcrafted in my workshop.
- It takes quality tools, touch, feel, the right method and patience to make a flawless pen.
- My pens may seem a little more expense than some but the high end finishes and attention
- to detail show in the finished product.
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive.
- All pens will ship within 24 – 48 hours.
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
There are no reviews yet.