Handcrafted Ink Pens Features and Specs
- Ink Pen Type – Ballpoint Pen
- Pen Type Operation – Twist
- Pen Operation – Turn 2 halves to extend and retract tip
- Fittings – Gunmetal
- Material – Wood – Brown Box Elder Burl
- Color – Highly figured, Browns with Cream Figuring
- Length – 5-3/4 in
- Width (measured at point of finger contact) – .375 in
- Replacing Ink Cartridge – Unscrew tip
- Weight – 2.4 oz
- Ink Color – Black
- Ink Cartridge Type – Upgraded, Schmidt Easy-Flow Parker style refill
- Handcrafted pen, ships with instructions for use in a hard clear topped case for protection or gift giving.
Ink Pens Gunmetal Plating
Our Gunmetal plating is the color of slightly grey satin Chrome. It consists of black nickel plated over brass or other substrate metals
Handcrafted Ink Pens Brown Box Elder Finish
Box Elder looks great as a clear wood in its natural state and also takes colored dyes well. The results are some stunning colored wood that looks fantastic on our pens.
Fast-growing box elder was widely planted throughout the East and Midwest for street shade and windbreaks until the early 20th century. However, because it lacked the beauty, resistance to storm damage, and long life of its more glamorous cousin, the sugar maple, the practice eventually was discouraged. In the open reaches of the Great Plains through which flows the Missouri River, though, the box elder was welcome.
Able to endure climate extremes and drought, it grew to greater stature, providing needed shade and shelter from the ever-present winds. Its seeds, like tiny helicopters, swirled with the breezes to find homes for sprouting, and grew where nothing did before. A true maple, box elder even today is tapped for its sweet sap, which is made into syrup and sugar. This is especially true in its western range, where the preferred sugar maple fails to grow.
Additional Information on my writing instruments
- All of my writing instruments are meticulously handcrafted in my workshop.
- It takes quality tools, touch, feel, the right method and patience to make a flawless pen.
- My pens may seem a little more expense than some but the high end finishes and attention
- to detail show in the finished product.
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive.
- All pens will ship within 24 – 48 hours.
- Each ink pen is unique; no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art.
- All of our wood products are purchased through legally licensed providers that provide exotic woods from sustainable forest product areas.
There are no reviews yet.